Land Survey Party Crew Chief
Baughman Company has a position open for a Land Survey Crew Chief. We are a multi-discipline firm originally established in 1930 as a surveying and civil engineering firm located in Wichita, Kansas. Over the years, we have added landscape architecture and planning. We are seeking qualified candidates with experience in field surveying and computerized drafting.
- Operate and utilize all survey equipment – GPS, conventional total station and robotic total station to perform boundary, ALTA, topographic, engineering and construction surveys
- Work from field notes, sketches, maps and other material to complete survey tasks with a minimum of supervision
- Communicate with the field crew staff before, during and after completion of field work
- Communicate with office staff and contractors
- Communicate with the client, when needed, to ensure satisfaction with work performed and to overcome obstacles in the performance of field duties
- Work cooperatively in a multiple crew setting
- Responsible for the maintenance, repair and welfare of all equipment in the field including the work vehicle
- Licensed Professional Land Surveyor in Kansas a plus
- 3-5 years land survey experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Valid driver’s license
- Willing to work in the office and in the field
- Perform work duties outdoors in a variety of weather conditions throughout the year
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects
- GPS/RTK experience preferred
Baughman Company P.A. is a multidisciplinary firm dedicated to making communities a better place to live. We specialize and focus in Civil Engineering, Surveying, Construction Inspection, Landscape Architecture, and Planning. Our professionals come from a variety of backgrounds, but they all share the same passion: to find solutions to implement changes that make a difference. We were founded on personable service and creating a better quality of life, and we make that a priority every single day.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits; including group medical insurance, paid time off, holidays, and retirement. We are an equal opportunity employer.